Abbasi Hotel



I admit this is my favorite destination whenever in Esfahan. The hotel is part of an old caravanserai and has been renovated and enlarged in recent years. The courtyard is just lovely, a small garden with poplars, roses, fountains, benches, a marvelous tea house, and a fine carpet shop.















The turquoise dome of the stunning Chahar-Bagh Madraseh from the late Safavid era (early 18th century) can be seen from the courtyard. This absolute jewel and masterpiece of Islamic architecture opens only on Thursdays. Its courtyard with cypress trees invites for rest and meditation.













Another favorite is close-by Sharzad restaurant, which is usually booked out, so make reservations. Traditional fasenjun, quails, trout and, if you like, many versions of delicious kebab are all mouth-watering. Unfortunately, no dizzy is available.

Comments

Mirror Polisher said…
Thanks for the info. I'll be traveling to Isfahan next month and I can't decide between staying at this hotel and Dibai House (http://www.dibaihouse.com/dibai_house.htm)

I'll probably end up staying a few days in both :D

BTW, do u remember what was the rate for a single room?
Muller said…
Hi! Have a look here: http://www.abbasihotel.com/index.php?i=DjFXYAFmXGpXYFJm
Maybe we'll meet. I am going to Esfahan next month, too. I was wondering whether there is a hotel in the old city. Thanks for the information.
Mirror Polisher said…
Thanks for the link.

Interesting that it says 'Foreign Guests"; so i guess the rate is different for Iranian nationals :D...hope different means cheaper ;p ;p

Yeah wud be great to meet up, u seem to know a LOT about isfahan. I'll be there from the 5th till the 11th of December.
Muller said…
They have actually 'foreign rates' for everything (of course more expensive!). Maybe it's justified ;-).
I will be there during Christmas time. It will be interesting to attend the Christmas mass in the Vank Cathedral.
Yes, thanks, I am a good travel guide for Iran in the meantime.
Mirror Polisher said…
Correct me if i am wrong, but i believe the Armenian Iranians celebrate Christmas sometime in January not 25th of December.
Muller said…
Maybe on January 6? I have no idea. They will probably tell me. The Vank Cathedral is a nice and peaceful place. Maybe you have time to visit it next month. Have a look here: http://al-qanaa.blogspot.com/2008/07/new-jolfa.html
I am sure that I will celebrate my 'private' Christmas there on December 25.

Popular posts from this blog

Lady Shatita

The Cassin Collection at Auction (IV) The King of the Yellow Rug Group

Persianization