A Special Sunset



One of my alltime favorite movies is, of course, Lawrence of Arabia by David Lean (1962). I might be totally wrong and I hope that readers of my blog can correct me. But in my memory, Prince Feisal (Sir Alec Guinness with a strong and very nice arabic accent) asks Lawrence, why he is so fond of the desert ("Arabs like gardens, water. The desert is nothing and nobody loves nothing"), and Lawrence replies: "Because it is clean."

When I first came to the country, for my interview in early 2001, I had noticed already the plastic bags everywhere. Later I learned that when you buy, for example, 6 items in the Sultan Center, a helpful employee will pack it into 7 plastic bags. And eventually you will find them in the desert where they will never rot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lady Shatita

Persianization

The Cassin Collection at Auction (IV) The King of the Yellow Rug Group